FINISHED SIZE OF BAG: 17" x 15 3/4"
-50cm (20") of 100% cotton fabric for bag.
(Note: be careful of one way design fabrics)
-50cm (20") of 100% cotton fabric for bag lining.
-1 set of bag handles with bar and nuts in Bamboo D diameter 17.5cm
CUTTING OUT AND MAKING THE BAG:
- From both your bag fabric and your lining fabric cut 1 - 18" x 36" rectangle.
- Place these right sides together. Pin and stitch all around the outside using a 1/4" seam, leaving an opening for turning. Turn. Slipstitch the opening closed by hand and press.
- Fold each short end of the bag over by 2" to the lining side and stitch 1/4" from the seam to form a 'pocket' for the handles to go through.
- Fold the bag in half, right sides together. To make the side seams of the bag, measure 10" up from the fold and mark with a pin. Stitch, using a 1/4" seam. Turn right sides out.
- Insert handles and you have a bag! Enjoy!